Chocolate Chip Banana Protein Muffins

Monday, September 29, 2014

Happy Monday!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! We actually got to stay here and relax this weekend! It was wonderful.


Saturday was, as usual, full of football! Annabelle was very skeptical of the Aggies play in the first half.
 

And then down right shocked by OT!
 

Luckily, they pulled out a win because Daddy was about to pull all of his hair out!
 
Sunday, little miss woke up at 3:45 AM for a feeding, and I couldn't go back to sleep. I decided to get a few things done while she was asleep because you never know how naps are going to go with her.
 

I went on a quick 3 mile run in my new shoes. They felt amazing and by the end of mile 3, I though about taking another lap, but I wanted to tackle the grocery store before she woke up. After a quick shower, I made my list and headed to the store at 5:50 AM. I was literally the first person in when they opened the doors. HEB is normally crazy on Sunday's so the empty store was awesome! 

They were out of my normal PB2, so I decided to try PBfit instead. I used it in my oatmeal and the energy bites I made later in the day and was impressed. 

I made it home in time to start the laundry, unload the groceries, and enjoy a bowl of oatmeal in peace before the tiny human woke up at 7:15. I call that a win! 

The rest of Sunday was spent tackling laundry, running errands and prepping food for the week. Preparing food on Sunday for the week ahead is a huge help when you know you won't always have time to cook during the week. E always grills up a ton of protein on Sunday night, and this Sunday, I got busy baking protein muffins and homemade energy bites. 

Since little bit keeps me busy busy, I have found myself grabbing premade protein bars and shakes a lot more than normal lately. Although, these are great sometimes, I don't want to live on processed bars all day every day. In order to cut down on my consumption of packaged food, I have been experimenting with easy to grab baked goodies to keep around the house. One recipe I have fallen in love with are these Chocolate Chip Banana Protein Muffins.


 
These muffins are high in protein and fiber and low in fat and sugar. The almond flour and coconut flour are slower digesting carbohydrates and the protein powder and eggs add tons of protein. They get their sweetness from all natural sources thanks to the bananas, apple sauce, and honey. They truly are extremely simple to make, absolutely delicious, and the perfect grab and go breakfast or snack. You can even eat them with one hand with a baby in the other hand. :)

Chocolate Chip Banana Protein Muffins

by Lauren George
Prep Time: 10minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Keywords: bake breakfast bread dessert gluten-free paleo


Ingredients (serves 12)
  • 1/3 cup almond flour
  • 1/3 cup coconut flour
  • 1/3 cup vanilla protein powder
  • 3 ripe bananas mashed
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
  • 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips or cocao nibs
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 tbsp honey
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
  • 4 eggs
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line muffin tin with muffin liners or grease thoroughly.
Combine all wet ingredients with mashed bananas and mix well.
Add in dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
Scoop into muffin liners. Fill just below the top of the muffin tin (they will rise).
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
Powered by Recipage


Let me know if you give them a try. I hope you all have a wonderful Monday and a great week!

In health,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.