Bachelorette Party Fun + Chocolate Frappuccino Green Smoothie

Monday, August 25, 2014

Happy Monday!

How was you weekend? Wonderful, I hope! Mine was very eventful and a ton of fun!

This weekend, I hosted one of my best friends, Jenny's, bachelorette party here in Austin. She is marrying the love of her life, Garrett, in 3 weeks in Utah, so we had to send her off to marital bliss in style. Jenny and I first met when we were both teaching aerobics at Texas A&M and quickly became good friends. She is one of the most outgoing, caring, and fun people I know!

Party prep started a few weeks ago, but by Friday, I had a gazillion errands to run with a baby that hates the car seat. Luckily, my saint like mother-in-law came in to save the day and stay with Annabelle while I ran around like a chicken with my head cut off getting everything for the party.

The festivities began at noon on Saturday with a little pool time at our hotel. At around 4:00 PM we all went back to our room to change and get ready for the shower part of the evening. We all gathered in one room for snacks, sangria, and presents!

After presents, we headed out for dinner and dancing! We ate dinner at Gloria's in downtown Austin and then walked down to West 6th Street to raise our glasses to Jenny.



Cheers to Jenny and Garrett!



A peddy cab was 100% necessary by the end of the night. All of our feet were killing us from walking around in heels.


After everyone was safely back to the hotel, I headed home for the night so I could give little bit her middle of the night feeding and get in some cuddles. I was only gone for a few hours, but I missed her so much! The next day, I met the crew at Olivia's for brunch. I was the photographer for this picture.


After brunch, it was back to the normal Sunday duties of grocery store and laundry. Overall, it was an amazing weekend celebrating an even more amazing friend!

This morning, I felt like I needed to detox from all the sugar I ate over the weekend (how can you turn down gluten free cupcakes?), so I started my morning off with a Chocolate Frappuccino Green Smoothie.


Ingredients:
  • 1-2 large handfuls of spinach
  • 1 scoop chocolate protein powder of choice
  • 1 packet instant coffee (I used decaf since I'm breastfeeding)
  • 2 packets of stevia
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1 tbsp peanut butter
  • 1 cup almond milk or milk of choice
  • handful of ice
Blend and enjoy. this smoothie reminds me of a frappuccino from Starbucks and keeps me full until lunch. Win and win! After my smoothie, Annabelle went down for a nap and it was time for me to hit the treadmill. I did 4.5 miles of intervals. Since I'm building my running back up I alternated 1 song of running with 1 song of power walking. Focusing on the music, rather than time, makes the workout fly by. Time to feed the tiny human again.  I hope you all have a great day!

What did you do this weekend?

How do you reset after a weekend of indulgences?

In health,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
1 Comment »

One Response to “Bachelorette Party Fun + Chocolate Frappuccino Green Smoothie”

  1. i love the dress you wore, so cute & a smoking momma!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.