Chia Coconut Paleo Pancakes and A Baby G Update

Monday, March 3, 2014

Happy Monday Friends!

I hope you all had a great weekend! Ours was busy busy running errands and getting things done around the house. E's parents also came in on Sunday, so it was great to see them.

This morning, I was craving something different for breakfast so I decided to whip up some Chia Coconut Paleo Pancakes. I wanted to come up with a new recipe and it came out better than expected! The combination of eggs, banana, and coconut flour, gave the pancakes a great fluffy texture vs. being too mushy like a lot of paleo pancakes I have tried.


Gluten Free Pancakes


Chia Coconut Paleo Pancakes

by Lauren George
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Keywords: stove top breakfast gluten-free paleo

Ingredients (1 serving)
  • 1 banana (1/2 for batter and 1/2 for topping)
  • 1 egg + 1 egg white
  • 1 tbsp coconut flour
  • 1 tbsp protein powder (vanilla or plain)
  • 1 tbsp chia seeds
  • 1 tbsp almond milk
  • 1/8 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 packet of stevia
Instructions
Lightly grease a skillet and place on medium-high heat.
Place 1/2 of banana and all remaining ingredients in a blender or Magic Bullet.
Pulse until well blended.
Pour 1/3 of batter into skillet.
Cook for 2-4 minutes on each side. Repeat with next 2 pancakes.
Top with remaining banana and enjoy!
Powered by Recipage

I think I may need to have these again on Wednesday! So delicious!!

If you missed yesterday's post about the Spring into Spring series I am doing with Alison, from Fearlessly Fierce, go check it out. We will be sharing tips for gearing up your workouts for warmer weather and following along with the IDEA Health and Wellness March Photo Challenge! This is day 3 of the photo challenge and the word of the day is GREEN. In honor of the color green, I decided to have a big green salad for lunch. I promise there is lettuce under al the other veggies on top.

Vegetarian Salad

I love salads, but my favorite way to get in my greens are through GREEN SMOOTHIES! I love them so much, that I have an entire page dedicated to my favorite green smoothie recipes. Go check it out!

Chocolate almond butter green smoothie

How do you fit in your greens? Salads? Green smoothies? Other green veggies?

Baby G Update

22 week pregnancy update

How Far Along: 22 weeks (5.5 months in normal people speak)

Size of Baby G: Baby G is about the size of a papaya this week.

Movement: She is one active little girl! I can feel her on and off throughout the day, but she definitely gets the most active around 9:30-11:00 PM at night. I hope this is not a sign of what's to come! She may be a night owl like her dad. The coolest part was definitely when E could finally feel her kicking!

Exercise:The hip flexors are finally feeling so much better!!! Woohoo! I can't even begin to describe how nice it is to start feeling normal again. My hips still get really tight after a day of teaching, but it is so much more bearable now. Teaching is still going well, but I know the days on my back doing Pilates are probably limited. I have started to modify a few things a little bit more, but for the most part, I am still very comfortable on my back performing modified abdominal exercises. Barre still feels completely wonderful. I feel so blessed to have a way to work out that makes me feel so strong and graceful (since most of the time I feel clunky) while pregnant. I have started to increase my walking mileage again since the hips are feeling better. Plus, I'm participating in the FitFluential 100 Miles In March Challenge so I have to get in those miles. :) Overall, I am trying to listen to my body and follow what it tells me. For now, we are still teaching 2-3 classes a day, plus walking 3-5 miles a day either outside or on the treadmill. Just trucking right along!

Cravings: I have to be the most boring pregnant person ever. I still like grapefruits and ketchup, but that is really about all that I would say qualify as a craving. Gelato always sounds good, but I try to limit it to once every other week or so.

I hope you all have a wonderful Monday and a great rest of your week!

Did anything exciting happen to you this weekend?

What is your favorite way to eat your greens? Feel free to link up in the comments!

In health,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
1 Comment »

One Response to “Chia Coconut Paleo Pancakes and A Baby G Update”

  1. Those pancakes look so yum! I made a batch of pancakes yesterday, I've been in the mood for them lately. My fave way to get in greens is through my juicer. I love it! I can fit in heaps of veges and then just add an apple and lemon to cut out the vege flavour. Works like a charm!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.