Killer Leg Workout + Chocolate Pumpkin Green Smoothie = A Great Morning!

Monday, September 9, 2013

Hi There Friends!

How was your weekend? Did you do anything exciting? This pretty much sums up our weekend........


We headed home to College Station on Friday night after catching some of the Texas vs. Samford soccer game. We spent most of the day Saturday watching football on TV before heading to the stadium around 3:30pm to watch the Aggies Beat The Hell Out Of Sam Houston. It rained on us the first half of the game but it was so much nicer than the boiling heat we had last week. The Aggies dominated Sam Houston so it was a great game.

We visited with family Sunday morning and then headed back home for grocery and laundry. I was so exhausted and not feeling very well Sunday, so I headed to bed at 8:30pm! Crazy early, but much needed since I had a 4:30am wake up call this morning.

After my 5:30am client it was workout time. I was in a hurry so it was HIIT workout time!! My equipment of choice this morning included the TRX, a kettlebell, and a rowing machine. I completed 4 rounds of the following exercises in about 25 minutes. It was hard but oh so good!




After my workout and a quick shower, it was time for breakfast. Although we are still hitting triple digit temperatures here, I am determined to embrace fall! I went through a huge pumpkin green smoothie phase last fall and I couldn't wait any longer to break the pumpkin back out! It so happened this morning!!

Chocolate Pumpkin Green Smoothie

by Lauren George
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 0
Keywords: blender breakfast snack gluten-free spinach fall

Ingredients (1 large smoothie)
  • 1 large handful of spinach
  • 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 frozen banana
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 1 scoop chocolate protein powder of choice (aim for less than 10g of sugar)
  • 1 packet of stevia
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 handful of ice
Instructions
Add all ingredients into the blender.
Blend until smooth.
Enjoy!
Powered by Recipage


It tasted oooooo so good! The best part is it kept me full for hours and was full of wonderful vitamins and minerals. Let me know if you give it a try!

I'm off to finish dinner. I am trying a new Greek chicken recipe. I'll let you know how it goes!

In health,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.