Berry Banana Chia Green Smoothie

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Howdy Friends,

I am quickly typing up this post in between classes. I have another Pilates Barre class here in about an hour, and I am extremely excited about my new playlist! If you haven't already, check out my new playlist tab in the menu above to see what is playing in all of my classes this week!

Yesterday I told you about my plans to join my friend Amy in an April Clean Eating Challenge. I am extremely excited about trying out new recipes and exploring new fruits and vegetables. Star fruit anyone?

I held strong last night when my sweet tooth hit hard at around 10:00pm. I opted for some cinnamon dusted bananas instead of caving in to the leftover Easter chocolate we had in the pantry. Simply slice a banana and top with a little cinnamon and stevia. Then pop it in the microwave for 45 seconds and enjoy!


I kept things rolling this morning with some blueberry oatmeal!



I also checked off my goal of one green smoothie a day before my noon cycle class today with a Berry Banana Chia Green Smoothie! The chia seeds helped keep me full and the mixture of fruit and spinach gave the smoothie a nutritional one two punch!


Ingredients:
1 large handful spinach
4 large strawberries
1/3 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 frozen banana
1 cup almond milk
1 tbsp chia seeds
handful of ice

Simply, blend and enjoy a drink full of nutrition!

I'm off to teach some barre! I hope you all have a wonderful afternoon!

In health,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
1 Comment »

One Response to “Berry Banana Chia Green Smoothie”

  1. You are so good girl! I know- that Easter chocolate was deliisssh!!!

    http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.