Power 10 Workout! Are you ready?

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Hello there Sunshine,

It's Tuesday, and my week is rolling along nicely. How about you?

Last night's dinner was a quick classic. I taught a 6:45pm cycle class so I needed something that would be ready to eat when E and I both go home. Crock Pot Taco Chili did the trick. Especially since the temperature dropped like crazy on Sunday! It is freezing here! You can find the original recipe here. I went with a vegetarian option yesterday and left out the chicken.


 
I started today off with a barre3 class. It was just what I needed after being stuck in traffic! Ugh, I was so tense by the time I got to class I needed a little me time to unwind. At noon today, I am going to try out a bootcamp class at HEAT Bootcamp! I'm pretty excited about getting my but kicked! :)

Just thinking about going to a fun bootcamp class inspired me to create this Power 10 Workout for you guys! All you need is a Dynamax ball or a medicine ball, some space, and a towel for your sweat! This workout was created to be done for time, so you want to try to minimize your rest between exercises as much as possible.



Let's talk about the different exercises in case you need a quick reminder.

Power Squats: For power squats, you simply lower down into a squat position and then explode up into a jump.

source

Wall Ball Throws: Stand facing a sturdy wall. Bend knees and lower medicine ball to chest. Explode out of the squat and throw the medicine ball up as high as you can on the wall. Catch and lower back into a squat.

source

10 Burpees: Start standing. Lower hands to the ground and jump back into a plank. Jump feet forward and then jump up and reach toward the sky.

source

Ball Slams: Stand with feet hip distance apart. Lift the ball overhead and throw down to ground as hard as you can using your legs and upper body.

source


Walking Lunges With A Twist: Step forward with your right leg and lower down into a lunge. Holding the ball out at chest level, rotate toward the right. Return to the center and step left foot to meet right. Repeat on left side. That is one rep.

source

Push Ups: Start in a high plank position with hands slightly wider than shoulder width. Brace core and lower chest down towards floor. Press back up to starting position.

source

Mountain Climbers: Start in high push-up position and alternate pulling knees into chest one at a time.

source

Russian Twist With Ball: Start in a seated position with feet on floor. Lean back until you feel your abdominals engage keeping your chest lifted and back straight. Lift you legs off the ground (this is optional). Tap the ball from side to side focusing on using your obliques and keeping your hips still.

source

There you have it...... a kick but workout you can do in less than 30 minutes and hits every major muscle group!

I'm off to slump down a green smoothie before I get my sweat on. I hope you have a great rest of your afternoon. Give me a shout in the comments section if you try out the workout.

In health,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.