I can't get enough Pumpkin Spice Crepes

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Happy Monday Friends!

How was your weekend? Mine was full of lots of errands, football, baking, sweat, and hanging out with the hubs.

Friday night, E and I went to a high school football game for the school right next to our house with one of E's friends. It was fun to cheer on the local kiddos.

When I woke up Saturday morning, my breakfast options were limited so I decided to get creative. Although it is still 85 degrees here in Florida, I am celebrating fall by adding pumpkin to everything I can. I knew I needed something filling since I was heading to the gym for 2 back to back classes, so crepes sounded like they would do the trick perfectly. High in protein thanks to the egg whites, fiber from the pumpkin, and healthy fat from the peanut butter. What more could a girl ask for? The cooking process looked a bit like this:




I've only made crepes a few times, so I was really really pleased with how they came out!! They were absolutely delicious and got me through both classes easily!

Pumpkin Spice Protein Crepes

by Lauren George
Prep Time: 5
Cook Time: 10
Keywords: breakfast gluten-free

Ingredients (2 crepes)
  • 3 egg whites
  • 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
  • 2 tbsp Bob's Red Mill gluten-free flour (or flour of choice)
  • 1/4 tsp xantham gum (you only need this if using GF flour)
  • 3 packets of stevia
  • 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 3-4 tbsp of almond milk (or more to thin it out)
Instructions
Whisk egg whites and pumpkin puree in a small bowl until well blended.
Add all other ingredients into the egg and pumpkin mixture.
Thin out with additional almond milk if needed.
Pour half of batter into a small frying pan and swirl until the batter covers the entire pan.
Allow to cook until you can slide it around the pan easily.
Flip and cook on other side.
Fill with toppings of choice. I used peanut butter and bananas.
Powered by Recipage

After class I refueled my muscles with one of these bad boys. The GNC Total Lean Vanilla shake tastes like dessert in a bottle!


The remainder of the day was spent watching football and hanging out with E. We got to watch the Aggies beat Ole Miss, but sadly FSU fell to NC State. So it was a mixed emotions kind of night.

Sunday, was full of grocery shopping, running errands, coffee, and meal prepping for the week!



My kitchen looked like a bomb went off at one point, but I cleaned it up quickly before E came back inside from yard work. He would have killed me since he cleaned it Saturday night. Whoops! It was totally worth it though because I have some amazing recipes to share with you this week! I can't believe they all turned out so well!

Fiesta Lime Quinoa Salad
Pumpkin Spice Coconut Flour Cookies
Pumpkin Protein Bites

One of the highlights of my Sunday was definitely this gluten-free peanut butter cookie the size of my face that jumped into my basket at New Leaf Market. Oh my gosh, it was amazing. I don't think I have ever had a gluten-free cookie that was that soft and chewy before.


How was your weekend?

Did you do or make anything fun?

In health,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.