Our New Home State

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Howdy There!

Long time no see! I took a little break from blogging last week because E and I flew to Florida to explore our new home and look for a place to live!! It was a fun but super exhausting trip!! Before we left, I had to make sure I packed enough gluten-free snacks to get me through the trip. Last time I went out of town, I was not prepared with gluten-free snacks and I came home with 4 ulcers in my mouth and a terrible hedache. Not this time!!


Larabars, Good N Natural bars, raw almonds, GF oatmeal, and PB2 to the rescue. I came home from our trip ulcer and headache free! Sweet success!

As soon as we landed in Tallahassee, E headed straight for campus so he could check out the football field of course!





Entrance to FSU

FSU's Reservation

Did you know FSU has it's very own circus?

We spent literally all day on Tuesday looking for houses and we fell in love with one! We put in an offer on Wednesday afternoon and so did 2 other people. We found out on Thursday that they accepted our offer!! Our house is under contract but I don't want to jinx it by puttin gup pictures until we actually close! It's so cute and I absolutely adore it!! :)

After we signed the paper work on Thursday, we decided to take a little trip down to St. George Island which is about 1.5 hours away from Tallahassee.




St. George Lighthouse

We had a blast in Florida, and I am so excited for E to go back to school for something he really loves!

It was just in hot in Texas when we got home and I was in the mood for some ice cream on Saturday! Since I was back in my own kitchen with my trusty blender so I whipped up some Chocolate Covered Strawberry ice cream!


Chcolate Covered Strawberry Ice Cream
6 frozen strawberries
1/2 frozen banana
1 scoop chocolate whey protein
1 packet stevia
1/2 tsp xantham gum
6 ice cubes

Blend until well mixed and enjoy. It is so easy, and absolutely delcious. I actually had this for breakfast and it was amazing! Let me know if you try it out.

How was your week?

What is your favorite cool treat in the summer?

In health,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.