Happy New Year!!

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy First Day of 2012!!

Does anyone else feel like we just celebrated 2000? I mean, I still want to party like it's 1999! :) We've had a busy and fun past couple of days for sure.

On Thursday, I attended my first ever professional hockey game. The Dallas Stars played Columbus in Dallas. It was so neat to experience a game in real life. Those guys are amazingly talented on skates. I've ice skated a few times and have major respect for how quickly those guys can change directions and stop on blades.



During the game, a piece of the barrier glass broke so they had to pause the game to fix it. They literally just brought a whole new piece of glass out on the ice and slid it in for the old one. They had it fixed lickity split!


Friday night, Eric and I tried out a new restaurant called Hillstone. It was absolutely fantastic. So beautiful, and the food was to die for. I had the tuna steak with a side salad. The tuna was sushi grade and melt in your mouth good.


The Aggies played Northwestern on Saturday morning and we had some friends over to watch the game and cheer on the Aggies! Luckily, all of our cheering worked, and A&M beat Northwestern pretty handily. Since the game was at 11am, we had brunch food and lots of snacks. Pretty nice spread eh? We had gluten free breakfast casserole, cinnamon rolls, fruit salad, cheese and crackers, brownies, cookies, queso, and guacamole. I don't think E could watch football without some kind of sweets. :)


After the game, Eric's brother Greg and his wife Meredith came over to help us celebrate New Year's Eve. We began the celebration at Blue Goose Cantina. I had the delicious fish tacos. The tilapia was cooked to perfection! Sorry for the not so great picture. Check out that huge cup of sauce! Anybody have any idea what you should do with all of that?


We came back to the house after dinner to watch some of the bowl games (of course)! At about 10:30pm, we headed to downtown Dallas for NYE in Big D. There was a live band playing, a DJ, and tons of people!


It was a great time. Eric, Greg, Meredith and I had fun celebrating the last few minutes of 2011 and ringing in 2012!



The fireworks show was one of the best I've seen in a long time! These pictures don't do it justice at all, but it gives you an idea.



I started off 2012 with a five mile run this morning, and I loved every minute of it! I'm working on all of my goals for 2012 (I know, I'm a little behind), and will share those with you soon! I have a great feeling that 2012 is going to be an amazing year for all of us!

Start your New Year off right with one of these quick 15 minute workouts!!

15-Minute Flat Belly Workout

15-Minute Lower-Body Workout

15-Minute Arm Workout

I promise it will be worth every second! :)

How did you celebrate New Years Eve???

In health,


share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.