Gluten Free Flax Pancakes

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happy Sunday!

How are you guys today? I started my day off with a run that was just meh. However, what followed the run was pure bliss. After watching everyone devour pancakes at Cafe Brazil yesterday, I was really craving some so this morning I decided to experiment with a new recipe! Gluten Free Flax Pancakes were born.



Gluten Free Flax Pancakes

by Lauren George
Prep Time: 5
Cook Time: 10
Keywords: breakfast gluten-free

Ingredients (1 serving, 3 pancakes)
  • 1/3 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Flour
  • 1 tbsp flax seeds
  • 1/8 tsp xantham gum
  • 1 packet stevia sweetener
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 2 egg whites
  • 3 tbsp almond milk or milk of choice (may need to add more depending on how thin you like your batter)
  • pinch of cinnamon
  • pinch of salt
Instructions
Mix all ingredients together
Cook in a skillet coated with non-stick cooking spray
Cook evenly on both sides
Top with the fruit or nut butter of your choice and Enjoy!
Powered by Recipage

These were seriously some of the best pancakes I've made in a long time! You would never know they were gluten free if I didn't tell you. I topped them all with some banana and added a little fresh almond butter to one of them. MMMM MMMM good!
I'm off to finish the laundry, go grocery shopping and attempt to make some homemade hummus. If it turns out well, I'll be back with the recipe tomorrow!

How is your Sunday going so far?

What is your favorite weekend breakfast?
In health,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.