FC Dallas and Pita Pizza

Monday, March 21, 2011

Howdy!

Happy Monday everyone! Did you have a good weekend?

Friday night was pretty laid back around here since E had to work kind of late. On Saturday, E took me to my very first Major League Soccer game. We went and watched FC Dallas play the Chicago Fire at Pizza Hut Park in Frisco.


The stadium was so cool! You actually walked in at the top level and the entire stadium was sunken into the ground.



We even got to take a picture with the FC Dallas mascot. Although I had never been to a professional soccer game, I had heard they could get pretty rowdy. We sat behind the Chicago fans, and they were CRAZY! Let's just say there were a lot of swear words, random chanting I couldn't understand, unfriendly banter between their fans and ours, flag waving, and more scarves than I have ever seen in my life. :) It was interesting to say the least!


The game ended up in a tie. We had a blast, and I can't wait to go back to another game!

On Sunday, I did a 12 mile run in the morning. It was absolutely perfect weather- 63 degrees with a breeze. I don't think I could have asked for a better run. I feeling ready and excited for my race next weekend! The rest of the afternoon was dedicated to grocery shopping and laundry. I was really craving pizza for dinner so I decided to make a pita pizza.


I simply bought a package of whole wheat pitas at the store and topped it with diced tomatoes (from a can), spinach, mushrooms, zucchini and part skim mozzarella. After I piled on the toppings, I just threw it in the oven at 350 degrees for about 7 minutes or until all of the cheese is melted. I pre-cooked the zucchini in a skillet with a little garlic salt and Italian seasoning. It was delicious, quick and easy!

I hope you all have an amazing Monday!

Q's and A's:
Have you ever been to a major league soccer game?
What did you do this weekend?

In health,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.